Thursday 3 July 2008

Getting A Life

Well tomorrow I plan to have a go at getting one of these strange forign objects known as "a life" - aka I am going to get drunk. Depressed people unite and drown our general sorrows in life - well maybe not depressed but slightly down is maybe a better discription.

And yes - I will be going out with one person from work, a friend and about twenty other people whom I have never met before... Great! Not that I am shy by any means I can handle meeting people - I just tend to make a fool of myself or be seen as "nice" - that's me - nice.

Sometimes I hate that word its akin to "fine" it has no subsistence, bitch gives you a distinctive image of someone as does confident - nice - well it gives you Shirley Temple - but I have this terrible need to not piss people off. Not that I don't get annoyed or pissed off now and then I'm just.... calm I suppose, and any outburst from me is "out of the ordinary" - although people sit up and pay attention when it does happen.

Well I suppose I will test my mettle next Wednesday when I have a meeting with a board of directors and in short the week from hell so we shall see what we shall see.

Oh and bizarre fact of the day - conversations today centred round a person with three names on one phone call and frogs falling from the sky - and people wonder why I like my job :P



No comments: